This surgical procedure refers to removing or reducing loose skin and excess fat accumulated in the chin. If you are having more than usual fat around your chin, your appearance does not look attractive. So the people who aren’t satisfied with this facial feature and jawline can get in the desired look through this surgical procedure.
It happens that most of the unwanted fat gathered in your chin gives you a chubby look. So double chin reduction is recommended to reduce the unnecessary fat and bulges present beneath the chin to the neck up to the maximum extent.
Double chin reduction surgery is done with the help of different procedures that gives maximum results. Your condition of health and your goal setting determines what kind of procedure is good for you. Your surgeon chooses it after the assessment and evaluation of your medical history and goals. It is often done with the amalgamation of several other procedures like submentoplasty and neck lift, but it is based on your situation. So here is a general procedure through which this procedure is frequently carried out.
In the surgical procedure of double chin treatment, local anesthesia will be given to the candidate for the numbness of that area. After the assessment, the surgeon will make marking for the insertion of the cannula in the chin. Your chin and the surrounded area will be cleaned with an antiseptic solution to reduce the infection risk.
Then the unwanted fat under the chin will be reduced. It is recommended to those who have good elastic skin. The muscle will tighten the skin back after the surgical procedure. Usually, the surgeon will make incisions for the insertion of a cannula (a small tube). Through it, the surgeon will gently suck the unnecessary fat from different areas of the chin. Then he will bandage that area for the process of healing. It gives good and satisfying results and an even smoother appearance to the face.
There is a wide range of advantages that come under this procedure that offers you good results. Here is a list of some benefits that you will get after this treatment;
- Your confidence level will be increased.
- You will get a more defined face and contoured chin.
- Your aesthetic beauty will be enhanced.
- The bulge and saggy fatty appearance of the chin will vanish.
- Your facial appearance will get a younger and precise look.
Risks and complications
Like every other cosmetic or plastic surgery procedure, some risks should be taken into account. Some of them are usual and considered normal, but if you do not take care of them properly, they can turn into an infection or any other serious ailment. Here is a list of some possible risks and complications that are associated with this treatment;
- Feeling of discomfort.
- A side effect of anesthesia.
- More bleeding than usual and nerve injury during the procedure.
- Infection due to poor hygiene.
- Scars of bruises and swelling around the surgical area.
- Sometimes you will not get your desired symmetry of the face.
So it is necessary to consult with a well-qualified, experienced, and registered surgeon to avoid any serious complications and get maximum results.
If you want a successful and rapid recovery, you should follow some guidelines that include;
- Take proper care of bruises after the surgical procedure.
- Take medicine regularly to avoid pain.
- Follow the instructions of the doctor properly to avoid any serious ailment.
- Do not smoke until the complete recovery process.
- Visit every post-meeting session with your doctor and tell him about your condition in detail.
If you will follow the tips and guidelines and select a well-experienced surgeon, not only the risk of complication will decrease, but you will also get successful results.